23 September 2015

Ganja (Ganyao) - Betong Trip Part II

Continue...

We didn't indulge in the 2nd fruit, Ganja after finishing Montong.  Too full!

It smells nice, but my friend 'warned' it won't be as nice as Montong I had earlier.  Chey... I've not even started, but he gave me a show stopper... Never try, never know!  Must try!




We were at the Hot Spring when I decided to tuck into this durian.  Oh... no knife... nevermind, the motorbike key does the trick too.

The color was pale beige.  I wasn't impress.  I was looking forward to a darker shade.  Now, taste wise, it was indeed not as impressive as the Montong I had earlier in the day.  Nonetheless, no regrets.  Have to try it still.  Couldn't finish the fruit, maybe because the taste was just average?

------------------

I tried the Thai local kampung durian too (but can't find the photo).  We saw it at a small make shift stall near the market in town area.  The seller only have 4 durians so we just picked 1 to eat for fun.  It was impressive!  Full bodied taste yet mildly bitter sweet.  What a nice way to end the trip.


P/S : Wait... isn't Ganja (malay word) actually Weed?  Will I get high eating Ganja?

2 comments:

  1. I typically like Ganyao better than Monthong :D to each their own

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good Ganyao gets me hooked too. But on that trip (with a durian seller actually) above, Montong gotten me. I had both Ganyao and Montong, thus the write up was comparing both.

    ReplyDelete